Folk Dance

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
      Good article on revival of Slovak Folk Dancing.

      http://culture.tol.cz/look/CER/article.tpl?IdLanguage=1&IdPublication=14&NrIssue=54&NrSection=2&NrArticle=10909

      http://culture.tol.cz/look/CER/article.tpl?IdLanguage=1&IdPublication=14&NrIssue=53&NrSection=5&NrArticle=10884
      > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      >
      > -- ADVERTISEMENT:
      >
      > THE SLAVONIC & EAST EUROPEAN REVIEW (SEER)
      > Established in 1922, SEER publishes articles and an extensive range of
      > reviews on the history, literature, language, politics and society of
      > Central and Eastern Europe, including Russia and the Balkans.
      > For details please visit:
      > http://seer.mhra.org.uk/
      > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      >
      > -- Coming in CER:
      >
      > Russian oligarchs in crisis: A review of David Satter's "Darkness at
      > Dawn--The Rise of the Russian Criminal State"
      >
      > Polish coal miners in despair
      >
      > Europe's peaceful minority: The Vlachs
      >
      > Publication of Central Europe Review is supported by funding from the
      > European Cultural Foundation (http://www.eurocult.org).
      > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      >
      > -- CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT
      >
      > NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING MEASURES -
      > Tuesday 25th & Wednesday 26th November 2003 -
      > Radisson SAS Daugava Hotel, Riga. Don't miss this important opportunity
      > to discuss with your counterparts in different countries how to deal with
      > the every-day issues and problems currently facing you as members of the
      > anti-money laundering community. Speakers from seven financial
      institutions.
      > Further information from International Professional Conferences:
      > tel: (+44) (0) 1923 431690; email: ipc@...;
      > http://www.ipc-conferences.co.uk/riga.
      >
      > The CER newsletter is published by Transitions Online--The leading news
      > provider covering Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the
      > former Soviet Union. Check us out at http://www.tol.cz
      >
      > The TOL newsletters reach thousands of subscribers every week. If you
      > want to get in touch with them, please contact us at marketing@...
      > for more information or visit http://archive.tol.cz/mediakit/index.html
      >
      > TOL publications:
      >
      > Transitions Online (TOL)....... http://www.tol.cz
      >
      > Balkan Reconstruction Report... http://balkanreport.tol.cz
      >
      > The TOL Wire................... http://wire.tol.cz
      >
      > Central Europe Review.......... http://culture.tol.cz
      >
      > Knowledge Net (country files) . http://knowledgenet.tol.cz
      >
      > Russian Mirror................. http://www.tolrus.ru

      > -- Transitions Online - Intelligent Eastern Europe
      >
      > Copyright: Transitions Online 2003

    • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
        What a coincidence! Andrea sent this email on the heels of Greg's
        about the Our Father plaque. "Zuzana Ocenasova" of course is Susan
        OurFather!

        Joe

        Good article on revival of Slovak Folk Dancing.

        > The Slovak Two-Step
        > by Zuzana Ocenasova
      • William F Brna
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
          Igor Otcenas is the First Secretary, Culture and Science at the Slovak
          Embassy in Washington, DC.

          Bill Brna

          On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:32:25 -0500 "Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)"
          <jarmata@...> writes:
          > What a coincidence! Andrea sent this email on the heels of Greg's
          > about the Our Father plaque. "Zuzana Ocenasova" of course is Susan
          > OurFather!
          >
          > Joe

        • Jan Lan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
            At 05:57 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
            >Igor Otcenas is the First Secretary, Culture and Science at the Slovak
            >Embassy in Washington, DC.
            >
            >Bill Brna

            Any Bohorodicedivova out there?

            Janko