Slovak Intelligence

  • rmat@pobox.mtaonline.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
      Lake Woebegone must be populated by a strong Slovak sector, as all the
      children are above average, much as in Slovakia...

      From the Slovak Spectaor:

      TV show: Average Slovak IQ is 113

      A MAJOR TV show called The test of the nation, broadcasted November 1 by
      the private TV channel Joj, showed that the average IQ of Slovaks,
      including those who participated in the show via internet or mobile
      messaging, is 113.

      The results make Slovakia a nation of above-average intelligence.

      Among several teams and individuals who participated in the test, Juraj
      Daniel, a member of the police force, scored the most points - 137, which
      makes the officer a person of above-average intelligence. His team of
      members of the police force also won the team competition, scoring 126
      points.

      Competing teams included Slovak celebrities, blonde women, teachers,
      students, and twins.

      Participants had to answer 81 questions from areas such as math, technical
      thinking, logic, memory, and language. The local Mensa club prepared the
      questions.

      A 61-year-old man from Topoµèany, who called himself Slovomír, scored the
      highest IQ of all participants - 151. He took part in the test via the
      internet.

      Apart from 214 participants in the TV studio, 27,000 people registered for
      the test via the internet and 24,000 participated via mobile messaging.

      Compiled by Martina Pisárová from press reports

      The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information
      presented in its Flash News postings.

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • agp
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
        Ahoj Slovaci

        Made it to Bratislava this afternoon. Went to the SNP momument.. I'll
        fillin the details from Bardejov

        Tony P
      • Dr. Joe Q
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
          Ahoj Tony,

          STOP wasting your time sending messages to us!!!

          Enjoy every minute you have THERE.

          We'll survive and then you tell us all about it when
          you get back.

          Best wishes and enjoy yourself.

          Dr. "Q"

          --- agp <agp@...> wrote:
          > Ahoj Slovaci
          >
          > Made it to Bratislava this afternoon. Went to the
          > SNP momument.. I'll
          > fillin the details from Bardejov
          >
          > Tony P

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
        • capt jack
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
            Doc,

            Tonys excited, I know how he feels, and he enjoys sharing from the road. If he wants to spend a couple of minutes at the end of the day to send a hello, I dont see a problem with that, it his trip. I know you are concerned about him wasting time emailing, but in reality, its a quick thing to do. Im sure when he returns, we will get a full report, I for one enjoy hearing these short messages from him. Have a great time Tony!

            Jim

          • Bernardine Weigand
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
              Yes, I remember so well. There were times when I wished I could have sent a few brief messages from the "road" to share my excitement. If only I had a "Blackberry"!!
              Bernardine