Re: [Slovak-World] Pittsburgh Slovak Festival

  • Fred G Kovalyak
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hello Dr. Q,
      I would like you to send me your photo's to
      fgkoval@..., my other e-mail address.
      Unfortunately, I cant get S-W on COMCAST, and I have
      too much difficulty viewing photo's on Yahoo.
      Sorry I missed you yesterday,I also was at the
      Festival yesterday. It was a Beautiful day and Great
      Music/Food.
      Sat nite I attended Helenes party at the Red Roof
      Inn. If ure interested I will share those photoes and
      the few I took at the Festival.

      Fred G Kovalyak
      Columbia,Md.

    • genmom4
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
        I want to thank you for posting the information regarding the
        Pittsburgh Slovak Festival this past weekend. My husband and I
        managed to attend part of Sunday's big event. We had not originally
        planned to make the trip, but when an unexpected family event caused
        us to make the trip, we planned to arrive early, so that we could stop
        in and see just what the festival has to offer.
        It was super! The food was hot, fresh, and quite delicious. It was
        obvious that alot of time went into the planning, and setting up for
        this event.
        You can view some of the photos, as well as video clips on my flickr
        site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/sets/72157608649014089/
        Please feel free to let me know the names of the groups who are
        represented in the photos and video clips.
        Enjoy!
        Barbara
      • Dorothy L Fitts
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
          Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I would have really enjoyed going
          to it also. More so now that I have seen the pictures!
          Dorothy

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
            For what it's worth, I went to a conference at Allegheny General Hospital some years ago, and was very impressed with the hospitality and the food. I know Pittsburg has fallen on hard times, but the people there are as good as they get.

            Laskavy prosim,

            Skeeter

            -------------- Original message from "genmom4" <geismom@...>: --------------

            I want to thank you for posting the information regarding the
            Pittsburgh Slovak Festival this past weekend. My husband and I
            managed to attend part of Sunday's big event. We had not originally
            planned to make the trip, but when an unexpected family event caused
            us to make the trip, we planned to arrive early, so that we could stop
            in and see just what the festival has to offer.
            It was super! The food was hot, fresh, and quite delicious. It was
            obvious that alot of time went into the planning, and setting up for
            this event.
            You can view some of the photos, as well as video clips on my flickr
            site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/sets/72157608649014089/
            Please feel free to let me know the names of the groups who are
            represented in the photos and video clips.
            Enjoy!
            Barbara

          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

              Barbara, the costumes are from Helene Cincebeaux's booth.  I have a list of the performers at home -- wish I'd known you were there, I'm in the distance in one of your photos -- next to my cousins -- I'd have introduced myself and cousins to you.

              Good to see all the other regulars who I already know from this spectacular annual event.

              Caye