Pittsburgh Slovak Festival

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
      I just got back from the Slovak Festival at the
      University of Pittsburgh. I have loaded some pictures
      in the "Files" section and in the "Photo" section.
      They are very large files and there are no titles.

      I took about 70 pictures, probably 20 are worth
      keeping. I'll reduce the size of them and load them
      in the photo section. If you want a the full size
      version (about 1.5 mb with low compressioon jpg), let
      me know and I can send them to you or post them in
      the "File" section.

      I'll remove the very large pictures in the file area
      soon.

      Dr. "Q"

    • Fred G Kovalyak
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
        Hello Dr. Q,
        I would like you to send me your photo's to
        fgkoval@..., my other e-mail address.
        Unfortunately, I cant get S-W on COMCAST, and I have
        too much difficulty viewing photo's on Yahoo.
        Sorry I missed you yesterday,I also was at the
        Festival yesterday. It was a Beautiful day and Great
        Music/Food.
        Sat nite I attended Helenes party at the Red Roof
        Inn. If ure interested I will share those photoes and
        the few I took at the Festival.

        Fred G Kovalyak
        Columbia,Md.

      • genmom4
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
          I want to thank you for posting the information regarding the
          Pittsburgh Slovak Festival this past weekend. My husband and I
          managed to attend part of Sunday's big event. We had not originally
          planned to make the trip, but when an unexpected family event caused
          us to make the trip, we planned to arrive early, so that we could stop
          in and see just what the festival has to offer.
          It was super! The food was hot, fresh, and quite delicious. It was
          obvious that alot of time went into the planning, and setting up for
          this event.
          You can view some of the photos, as well as video clips on my flickr
          site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/sets/72157608649014089/
          Please feel free to let me know the names of the groups who are
          represented in the photos and video clips.
          Enjoy!
          Barbara
        • Dorothy L Fitts
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
            Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I would have really enjoyed going
            to it also. More so now that I have seen the pictures!
            Dorothy

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
              For what it's worth, I went to a conference at Allegheny General Hospital some years ago, and was very impressed with the hospitality and the food. I know Pittsburg has fallen on hard times, but the people there are as good as they get.

              Laskavy prosim,

              Skeeter

              -------------- Original message from "genmom4" <geismom@...>: --------------

              I want to thank you for posting the information regarding the
              Pittsburgh Slovak Festival this past weekend. My husband and I
              managed to attend part of Sunday's big event. We had not originally
              planned to make the trip, but when an unexpected family event caused
              us to make the trip, we planned to arrive early, so that we could stop
              in and see just what the festival has to offer.
              It was super! The food was hot, fresh, and quite delicious. It was
              obvious that alot of time went into the planning, and setting up for
              this event.
              You can view some of the photos, as well as video clips on my flickr
              site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/sets/72157608649014089/
              Please feel free to let me know the names of the groups who are
              represented in the photos and video clips.
              Enjoy!
              Barbara

            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

                Barbara, the costumes are from Helene Cincebeaux's booth.  I have a list of the performers at home -- wish I'd known you were there, I'm in the distance in one of your photos -- next to my cousins -- I'd have introduced myself and cousins to you.

                Good to see all the other regulars who I already know from this spectacular annual event.

                Caye