Re: [Slovak-World] I've found family!

  • Jan Lan
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2003
      At 03:02 PM 10/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >I can't believe its all happening. This Saturday I set foot in Prague ..
      >and later that week in my homeland!
      >
      >Tony P

      You might want to take a quick check on Radio Prague to get a feel for
      current events there http://www.radio.cz/en/ . If you haven't
      visited http://ftp.po.sanet.sk/SARIS/BARDEJOV/indexa.html , you can find
      a lot of historical and cultural information and tourist suggestions there.

      We enjoyed several meals at the "U Zlatej Korunky" , which is located on
      the square near St Egidius. After traveling from Prague across Slovakia, I
      was surprised to hear casual conversations at the restaurant that I could
      understand. My cousin said they were speaking a Saris dialect which was
      pretty close to Rusyn by my ear. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

      Janko - Perhaps "ancestral homeland" might be a better use of terms. ;-)