Sears, and the Reservists

  • RMH
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      Thought this was worth passing on, as suggested -

      "Internet, being what it is, you'll probably receive THIS msg. MORE THAN
      ONCE
      (But just in case you never receive it from another living soul, allow me)

      Lets Shop At Sears

      Assume you have all see the reports about how Sears is treating its
      reservist
      employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs
      open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut
      and
      lose benefits as a result of being called up...

      Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all
      benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up
      reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary
      corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

      Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why
      we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well
      deserves.

      Pass it on.

      So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following
      email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

      "I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
      Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
      store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of
      another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store."

      Here is their answer to my email......................

      Dear Customer:

      Thank you for contacting Sears.

      The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears
      regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men
      and
      women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear
      at this
      time.

      Bill Thorn
      Sears Customer Care
      <A HREF="mailto:webcenter@...">webcenter@...</A>
      1-800-349-4358"

      passed on by Regina Haring
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2003
        In a message dated 10/2/03 11:35:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        info@... writes:

        > Lets Shop At Sears

        sounds like a great plan. i support whoever supports the country.