  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
      The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking but
      > consider this:
      >
      > It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the
      > Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
      >
      > It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took Hillary
      > Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
      >
      > It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to
      > destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy
      > to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at Chappaquiddick.
      >
      > It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in
      > those three Democrat Counties in Florida!!!!!!
      >
      > Damn our military is GREAT

    • raybravo2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
        Our military? We aren't there alone. There are also Slovak
        troops there, mainly because they feel they can't say no to the
        US, a NATO country, at the moment, although the government
        recognized that it's people are clearly against this operation. The
        UK has troops there also, which just shows how brave they are
        because half of the British casualties from the Gulf War were
        from American friendly fire. As to Democrats vs. Republicans,
        we are all in this together, and apparently we are all going to pay
        for this for years to come. Or the Iraqi people will pay for this
        along with the other debt they already have. Either way it's
        lousey. If the Iraqi people pay what are they paying for, Ike
        warned us about the "military industrial complex" and that
        seems to be hard at work in Iraq. We made war on these people
        and now the Iraqis or the US will pay for Bechtel & Haliburton
        with their no bid contracts to rebuild infrastructure and make
        money. There were Iraqi corporations that at least wanted the
        chance to win a contract in their own country. The only plan that I
        have heard of that I liked was someone in Congress suggested
        matching federal dollars, for every dollar spent in Iraq a dollar
        would be spent here.
        Colin

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack
        <captjack00@y...> wrote:
        > The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking
        but
        > > consider this:
        > >
        > > It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take
        the
        > > Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
        > >
        > > It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took
        Hillary
        > > Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
        > >
        > > It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines
        > > destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy
        Kennedy
        > > to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at
        Chappaquiddick.

        > > It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in
        > > those three Democrat Counties in Florida!!!!!!
        > >
        > > Damn our military is GREAT

      • John Sefcik
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
          Anyone know how many Slovak troops are actually in Iraq? I thought they
          were part of a combined Czech & Slovak biochemical advance unit originally
          said to number 16. Has it in fact grown?

          <captjack00@y...> wrote:
          > The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking
          but
          > > consider this:
          > >
          > > It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take
          the
          > > Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
          > >
          > > It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took
          Hillary
          > > Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
          > >
          > > It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines
          > > destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy
          Kennedy
          > > to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at
          Chappaquiddick.

          > > It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in
          > > those three Democrat Counties in Florida!!!!!!
          > >
          > > Damn our military is GREAT

        • Jan Lan
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
            At 07:50 AM 10/3/2003 -0400, you wrote:
            >Anyone know how many Slovak troops are actually in Iraq? I thought they
            >were part of a combined Czech & Slovak biochemical advance unit originally
            >said to number 16. Has it in fact grown?

            BRATISLAVA, Slovakia, 1 August 03 (AP)--

            Over 60 Slovak military engineers have left for Iraq to help in demining
            efforts there, the Defense Ministry said Friday.

            Slovakia agreed to deploy 85 military engineers to Iraq. The soldiers were
            flying to Kuwait and from there Al Hillah, south of Baghdad. The Slovak
            troops will be under Polish command.

            The deployments began Monday and were expected to be completed Friday.

            During the war in Iraq, this former communist country of 5.4 million
            supported the U.S.-led coalition and sent an anti-chemical unit to KUWAIT.

            Janko
          • John Sefcik
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
              Thanks Jan.