OT - Lawyers, Truck Drivers, and Priests

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      From: theoldpro

      A truck driver used to amuse himself by runningover lawyers he saw
      walking down the side of the road.

      Every time he saw a lawyer walking along the road, he swerved to hit
      him and there would be a loud "THUMP".

      Then he would swerve back on the road.

      One day, as the truck driver was driving along the road he saw a
      priest hitchhiking.

      He thought he would do a good deed and pulled the truck over.

      "Where are you going, Father?" The truck driver asked.

      "I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road", replied the priest.

      "No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in the truck".

      The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver
      continued down the road.

      Suddenly, the truck driver saw a lawyer walking down the road.

      Instinctively he swerved to hit him.

      At the last moment he remembered there was a priest in the truck with
      him, so he swerved back to the road and narrowly missed the lawyer.

      Certain he should've missed the lawyer, the truck driver was very
      surprised and immediately uneasy when he heard a loud "THUMP".

      He felt really guilty about his actions and so turned to the priest
      and said, "I'm really sorry Father. I almost hit that lawyer".
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .

      "That's okay", replied the priest. "I got him with the door."

      P.S. No offense to truck drivers, priests, and lawyers.