Re: [Slovak-World] Immigration records searching

  • agp@telerama.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2003
      Yep -- I saw that one. Yes, I do think that they are half brothers (I have
      no idea how the half brother thing came about). The Jan Pavuk in 1912 may
      have been known to me as Johnny Pavuk who lived on a farm near Mutual PA.

      There were actually more Pavuks than I imagined there would be, which has
      given me reason to believe that the ones who came before him may have
      written letters to encourage immigration.

      And then there is the Katerin Sestak who came to the USA in the early
      19-teens as a single woman and then may have left and returned from London
      two years later as a married woman! While this isn't grandma, I'd love to
      hear that story!

      Oh what I would ask them if God would just give me 5 minutes with them!

      Tony P

      At 23:22 9/29/2003, Janko wrote:
      >At 10:01 PM 9/29/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >
      > >for Jan Pavuk and Katerin Sestak!
      >
      >You may have seen Jan Pavuk, 29 arriving in 1912 from Kruzlov a town about
      >4 miles west of Bardejov. Since you indicate your ancestors were from the
      >Bardejov area, it may be kin. Does that age and time period fit?
      >
      >I believe you can do a search on the Philadelphia arrivals but not
      >online. I'm sure others can give you the details. I haven't had to do
      >that because most of my relatives came through Ellis Island. I'm going to
      >have to do Baltimore in the future.
      >
      >Janko
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2003
        I have the same problem in finding my grandfather. He came threough NY
        but there is no record.

        This has also happend to others I know. I do not know the reason.

        Vilo