Email coming back

  • e.gernat@att.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 20, 2003
      Hi
      I sent E-Mail to Kosice,Slovakia the last 2 days and it was returned
      with the message because of spam.
      Do videnia Ed
    • Paul J. Wolsko
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 20, 2003
        I don't quite understand. Why was it returned? I'll assume your message
        was not "spam".

        Paul

        > Hi
        > I sent E-Mail to Kosice,Slovakia the last 2 days and it was
        returned
        > with the message because of spam.
        > Do videnia Ed
      • yawho2001
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 20, 2003
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, e.gernat@a... wrote:
          > Hi
          > I sent E-Mail to Kosice,Slovakia the last 2 days and it was
          returned
          > with the message because of spam.
          > Do videnia Ed

          Perhaps it's something like this that someone on another list
          complained about:

          >I have never had what happened to you (someone spoofing an email and
          using my email address in the return email address line, so that it
          then becomes blacklisted), happen to me. However, I am sure that it
          could happen some day.<

          >This leads to two important questions:

          1) How did you find out that your email address was blacklisted?<

          Mail server rejected an email, and the reason message stated that my
          address had been blacklisted by an anti-spam website ( it gave me the
          name)

          >2) How did you "get it fixed" with the blacklisters, so that they
          removed you from their blacklist?<

          Called Southwest Cyberport and talked with their tech support. Then
          tried to visit the website (couldn't get it to come up for some
          reason). Finally cleared after about an hour.
          **********

          Janko
        • e.gernat@att.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 20, 2003
            Janko,I do not know how I got on the spam list. How can I find the Cyberport
            that you contacted ? I have ATT as my server.
            Edie

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 20, 2003
              Paul
              My mail was not Spam. Could it have been caused by the subject, Family? I
              used Family before. My cousin wrote and his went thru to the same address in
              Kosice.
              Edie

              > I don't quite understand. Why was it returned? I'll assume your message
              > was not "spam".
              >
              > Paul
              >

              > > Hi
              > > I sent E-Mail to Kosice,Slovakia the last 2 days and it was
              > returned
              > > with the message because of spam.
              > > Do videnia Ed

            • yawho2001
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 20, 2003
                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, e.gernat@a... wrote:
                > Janko,I do not know how I got on the spam list. How can I find the
                Cyberport that you contacted ? I have ATT as my server.
                > Edie

                Cyberport is an ISP (Internet Service Provider) in the Southwest.
                You might contact ATT, your ISP. I didn't see the message you
                received when your E-mail came back. Was it what you had in the
                subject line (Returned mail: delivery problems encountered (fwd)).
                That line does not indicate a spam problem. If that's the only
                message you received, it may be that the Slovak ISP is having
                troubles and is down for a while. You might keep trying for the next
                couple of days.

                Janko
              • Paul J. Wolsko
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 21, 2003
                  Could be lots of things. Someone could have "spoofed" your mail and is now
                  sending spam with your address as the sender, in which case some other
                  server may have pegged you as the spammer. Whole spam thing is crazy.

                  Paul