Festival & Shirts

  • amiak@alaska.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      Thanks for the notice, Denise! I came to Ohio for a visit and was able to attend the festival. It is quite a treat for someone from Alaska to come in and join in with another bunch of Slovaks and enjoy the music and dances. Most of our festivals are native American or Asian in Alaska, so walking onto a hall and hearing Slovak spoken in America is quite a shock. I just finished the last of the stuffed cabbage I bought for lunch today, also a very special treat. I wish we had more chance for Slovak activities in Alaska.

      The festival also offered high quality embroidered shirts with tasteful Slovak motifs. You might check it out at www.Mozartsminors.com under the ethnic section. I expect to order one so I have something appropriate to wear at the various other ethnic festivals in Alaska.

      Ron

      Sunday, August 31, 2003
      12 noon to 8pm
      St. Anthony of Padua Church Hall
      6750 State Road, Parma, Ohio 44134
      Ample free parking

      Live music for dancing by the John Pastirik Band and Pajtasi
      Ensemble from New York. Folk dance performance by Lucina Slovak Folk
      Ensemble begins at 3:00pm on the main stage.

      Homemade Slovak food including pirohy (pierogies), holubky (stuffed
      cabbage), halusky (cabbage and noodles), kolbasy, and more. Homemade
      Slovak pastries. Cash bar.

      Admission: $6 at the door ($5 in advance)
      Children 12 and under free

      Two Slovak radio programs can be heard in northeast Ohio:
      Sunday mornings, 8:00 to 8:55AM, WERE 1300 AM (hosted by Milan
      Kobulsky)
      Sunday afternoons, 5:05 to 6:00PM, WCPN 90.3 FM (hosted by Vladimir
      & Gerald Mlynek)

      Dovidenia na festivale...
    • pjjano@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        tried the mozartminors web site could not find the t-shirts sounds like a fun
        time

      • amiak@alaska.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
          Sorry about the indistinct directions.

          http://www.Mozartsminors.com (note the two s's if you are typing it in)
          Click on the lower left tab "Ethnic Embr."
          Click on the Slovak flag.

          That should take you right there.

          I was impressed with the high quality of their display goods, enough so that I will be ordering one.

          From: pjjano@...
          Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2003 5:15 pm
          Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Festival & Shirts