Re: [Slovak-World] problems?

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
      At 09:44 AM 1/09/2003 +0800, you wrote:

      >No they are watching the Eagles Dockers game.
      >
      >Nick
      >

      >AND: The Dockers won!!!!!

      Oh Pooh Amanda I was waiting for one of the non Australians to ask what I
      was on about, now you've spoilt it. Double pooh because the Dorkers won, it
      was great game though.

      In Kalgoorlie I am a Railways man and Hannans in the cricket season. I
      became an eagles fan when they started because it was Western Australia
      against the east. As you said the rivalry between the East and west coast
      teams is akin to warfare.

      My mother in law went to church Saturday night and there was hardly anyone
      there, even the priest said there were other events of importance taking
      place at the time

      Regards
      Nick

    • Amanda
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 1 6:20 AM
        >In Kalgoorlie I am a Railways man and Hannans in the cricket season. I
        >became an eagles fan when they started because it was Western Australia
        >against the east. As you said the rivalry between the East and west coast
        >teams is akin to warfare.

        OK Nick, so how do you know so much about the sporting teams in Kalgoorlie?
        Have you been around these parts before? And when? I'm curious now.

        Amanda
      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 1 9:25 PM
          At 09:20 PM 1/09/2003 +0800, you wrote:

          >OK Nick, so how do you know so much about the sporting teams in Kalgoorlie?
          >Have you been around these parts before? And when? I'm curious now.
          >

          >Amanda

          Worked for the Weather Bureau there 1977-1980 inc. Lived in Elliott place
          near the cemetery.
          Have sent you a more detailed reply didn't want to bore the list.

          Nick

        • theoldpro
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 2 11:06 AM
            Saw a few pics on your site; especially good looking is Mathew Linder.
            Vladi, you're wife must be a beauty.

            theoldpro