problems?

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 30, 2003
      Is there problems with my email, or is everyone so very quiet??

      Jim

    • Helen France
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 30, 2003
        It's been pretty quiet. The holiday weekend, I guess.

        Is there problems with my email, or is everyone so very quiet??

        Jim

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Claudia Medvik
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 30, 2003
          Jim, I think everyone's at a barbeque!
          Is there problems with my email, or is everyone so very quiet??

          Jim

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
            Go and see some pix from my summer trip to Slovakia at:

            http://www.lindervideo.com/

            Vladimir Linder
            Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
            3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
            Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
            Email: vlinder49@...
            FREE sample issue upon request. ONE TIME OFFER GOOD ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
            Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$30.00 per page
            You may check out our NEW 350 home pages at: http://www.slovakheritage.org

            To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
            My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-279-508
            Advertising rates:
            Full page 9 3/4" x 7 1/4" US$600.00
            1/2 page 4 3/4" x 7 1/4" US$300.00
            1/4 page 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" US$150.00
            1/8 page 2 3/8" x 4" US$ 75.00
            1/12 page 2 3/8" x 2.5" US$ 50.00
          • Nick Holcz
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
              At 11:01 PM 30/08/2003 -0400, you wrote:
              >Jim, I think everyone's at a barbeque!

              No they are watching the Eagles Dockers game.

              Nick

            • nhasior@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                Vladimir L,
                Thank you. those are nice pictures. tell us about Frater Gabriel. what was
                this ceremony? there is a bishop present so i am thinking that this is the
                ordination of a group of new priests.
                Noreen

              • capt jack
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                  Quiet isnt the word, down right dead as a doornail would describe it better. I didnt receive one post all day saturday! Slovaks arent usually this tounge tied!

                  Jim

                • e.gernat@att.net
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                    Thank you The pictures are wonderful. EDie
                    > Go and see some pix from my summer trip to Slovakia at:
                    >
                    > http://www.lindervideo.com/
                    >

                    > Vladimir Linder
                    > Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
                    > 3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
                    > Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
                    > Email: vlinder49@...
                    > FREE sample issue upon request. ONE TIME OFFER GOOD ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
                    > Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$30.00 per page
                    > You may check out our NEW 350 home pages at: http://www.slovakheritage.org
                    >
                    > To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
                    > My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-279-508
                    > Advertising rates:
                    > Full page 9 3/4" x 7 1/4" US$600.00
                    > 1/2 page 4 3/4" x 7 1/4" US$300.00
                    > 1/4 page 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" US$150.00
                    > 1/8 page 2 3/8" x 4" US$ 75.00
                    > 1/12 page 2 3/8" x 2.5" US$ 50.00

                  • capt jack
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                      Vladimir,

                      I took the opportunity to look at your photos during the great lull in activity here, I enjoyed seeing them, thanks for the link. Have you had a chance to see the photos I have posted to the list of my trip?

                      Jim

                    • Vladimir Linder
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                        Yes I did. They are great and I know you had a fantastic time. When are you
                        going again?? I, may be in October again.

                        Vladi

                        At 08:42 AM 8/31/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                        >Vladimir,
                        >
                        > I took the opportunity to look at your photos during the great lull in
                        > activity here, I enjoyed seeing them, thanks for the link. Have you had
                        > a chance to see the photos I have posted to the list of my trip?
                        >
                        >Jim

                        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705103562:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>950b1.jpg
                        >950f7.jpg

                      • capt jack
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                          Vladimir,

                          Wish I could go again that soon, but I think the earliest will be next year. I know a couple of my children plan to go next year, and I would enjoy going with them. It was great meeting my relatives for the first time and feeling the love and welcome they showered on us. Im glad you enjoyed my photos, I may be posting more depending on demand from this list, if there is no interest, I wont spend the time to post them.

                          Jim

                        • Vladimir Linder
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                            You can read all about the ceremony and Frater Gabriel and many more summer
                            events in the upcoming issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

                            ----------

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                              You should post them, there will be viewed by more people that are on this
                              list. Google will find them, no problem.

                              I am glad you had a great time in Trnava. That is one of the towns I always
                              go through and I never been to any of Trnava churches yet. I will do soon.
                              One only time I was in Trnava I had an audience with Bishop and I was
                              invited to have a lunch with his Excellency Archbishop Sokol.
                              It was a great lunch.

                              Vladi

                              At 09:47 AM 8/31/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                              >Vladimir,
                              >
                              >Wish I could go again that soon, but I think the earliest will be next
                              >year. I know a couple of my children plan to go next year, and I would
                              >enjoy going with them. It was great meeting my relatives for the first
                              >time and feeling the love and welcome they showered on us. Im glad you
                              >enjoyed my photos, I may be posting more depending on demand from this
                              >list, if there is no interest, I wont spend the time to post them.
                              >
                              >Jim

                              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                              ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705103562:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178294&partid=3170658>de521e.jpg
                              >de526c.jpg

                            • capt jack
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                                Vladimir,

                                When you visit Trnava next, you should make it a point to visit the University church, it is very beautiful, as you can see from my pictures. The Pope is supposed to be there this year yet, I know you will enjoy seeint that church.

                                Jim

                              • Amanda
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                                  No they are watching the Eagles Dockers game.

                                  Nick

                                  AND: The Dockers won!!!!!

                                  For the benefit of the northern hemisphere Slovak Worlders these are two
                                  Australian Rules Football Teams. There is more rivalry between the east and
                                  west of Australia than you can imagine. Western Australia - home of two
                                  great people, Nick and myself - has two teams the West Coast Eagles and the
                                  Fremantle Dockers. This splits the city of Perth, capital of WA into north
                                  and south. You either come from north of the river or south of the river and
                                  the fact that the river (the Swan) actually cuts a diagonal line from south
                                  west to north east is absolutely irrelevant. It is a divided state unless
                                  one of the teams is playing an eastern states team and then it doesn't
                                  matter if its Eagles or Dockers as long as they beat the t'other siders.

                                  I was born in Fremantle, and therefore am a Dockers stalwart complete with
                                  Dockers seat covers in my car which my husband says is Dockers green (not
                                  far off it either, Dockers are green white and purple). They have not been
                                  a successful team since their start, and we have endured nicknames of
                                  Dorkers, Quokkas (small mouselike marsupials on an island near Perth that
                                  couldn't move fast even if shot out of a cannon) and even the Shockers.
                                  Even though the Eagles have been hugely successful in the national
                                  competition, we have retaliated with Beagles, Seagulls and Illegals.

                                  When the two teams meet on field it is called a Derby (pron. darby) and it
                                  is a huge event. Such an event took place on Saturday where the wonderful
                                  Dockers beat the Beagles by a whole 15 points.

                                  My husband hasn't actually mentioned the event in our house.

                                  Amanda Lovitt
                                  Boulder, Western Australia

                                  PS local teams in the "bush" where I live are Railways, Kangas and Mines.
                                • janeg23832
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                                    Vladi,
                                    Great pictures from both your trip and Jim's. When in Oct? ...and
                                    did you have any luck on the family stuff I sent you? Jane and I are
                                    flying over on 01Oct and returning 12Oct, like Jim to meet family for
                                    the first time.

                                    Jim Galbavy

                                    P.S.: Sorry we missed you on our way thru Vancouver. Jane enjoyed
                                    meeting Maria and she wants to come back to Vancouver and Alaska
                                    again. Maybe in 2005. Maybe then you and Jane can meet then.

                                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@s...>
                                    wrote:
                                    > Yes I did. They are great and I know you had a fantastic time. When
                                    are you
                                    > going again?? I, may be in October again.
                                    >
                                    > Vladi
                                    >

                                    > At 08:42 AM 8/31/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                                    > >Vladimir,
                                    > >
                                    > > I took the opportunity to look at your photos during the great
                                    lull in
                                    > > activity here, I enjoyed seeing them, thanks for the link. Have
                                    you had
                                    > > a chance to see the photos I have posted to the list of my trip?
                                    > >
                                    > >Jim

                                    > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                    >
                                    ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
                                    705103562:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
                                    bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>950b1.jpg
                                    > >950f7.jpg

                                  • Nick Holcz
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 31, 2003
                                      At 09:44 AM 1/09/2003 +0800, you wrote:

                                      >No they are watching the Eagles Dockers game.
                                      >
                                      >Nick
                                      >

                                      >AND: The Dockers won!!!!!

                                      Oh Pooh Amanda I was waiting for one of the non Australians to ask what I
                                      was on about, now you've spoilt it. Double pooh because the Dorkers won, it
                                      was great game though.

                                      In Kalgoorlie I am a Railways man and Hannans in the cricket season. I
                                      became an eagles fan when they started because it was Western Australia
                                      against the east. As you said the rivalry between the East and west coast
                                      teams is akin to warfare.

                                      My mother in law went to church Saturday night and there was hardly anyone
                                      there, even the priest said there were other events of importance taking
                                      place at the time

                                      Regards
                                      Nick

                                    • Amanda
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 1, 2003
                                        >In Kalgoorlie I am a Railways man and Hannans in the cricket season. I
                                        >became an eagles fan when they started because it was Western Australia
                                        >against the east. As you said the rivalry between the East and west coast
                                        >teams is akin to warfare.

                                        OK Nick, so how do you know so much about the sporting teams in Kalgoorlie?
                                        Have you been around these parts before? And when? I'm curious now.

                                        Amanda
                                      • Nick Holcz
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 1, 2003
                                          At 09:20 PM 1/09/2003 +0800, you wrote:

                                          >OK Nick, so how do you know so much about the sporting teams in Kalgoorlie?
                                          >Have you been around these parts before? And when? I'm curious now.
                                          >

                                          >Amanda

                                          Worked for the Weather Bureau there 1977-1980 inc. Lived in Elliott place
                                          near the cemetery.
                                          Have sent you a more detailed reply didn't want to bore the list.

                                          Nick

                                        • theoldpro
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Sep 2, 2003
                                            Saw a few pics on your site; especially good looking is Mathew Linder.
                                            Vladi, you're wife must be a beauty.

                                            theoldpro