Re: [Slovak-World] OT - Mushrooms and Peaches

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
      This might be gross -- but if a squirrel or rodent died and was not immediately removed, mushrooms will grow -- but remember, that is a good thing, like spiders eating bugs.

      By the way, try purchasing those HUGE portabello mushrooms and brushing them with flavored oils and then grilling on your bbq -- then put them on a bun with all the regular stuff you'd put on your favorite burger -- believe me you'll be amazed at how healthy this is -- and you won't really miss the meat much if at all -- dare you to try it. For those Orthodox out there, it is a great way to still grill and stick to the Dormition Fast.

      Oh, and while I'm opining -- take yourself and those you enjoy laughing with to see Pirates of the Carribean -- I thoroughly enjoyed myself, great film!

      Caye

      "J. Michutka" <jmm@...> wrote:
      At 07:37 PM 8/3/03 -0700, you wrote:
      >Ahoj Slovaci,
      >
      >Mushrooms: Surprise, surprise! Thursday morning, I noticed about 15
      >mushrooms growing on my front lawn.
      >I've never seen mushrooms growing on anyone's lawn in the neighborhood where
      >I live. What makes a
      >mushroom grow on someone's lawn?

      Sometimes they'll grow on decomposing tree roots, ie a tree was cut down,
      but the roots are still just under the lawn surface. Sometimes you'll see
      them in a sort of row, not far from a stump of a tree.

      We used to hunt for morels in the woods in the spring, in Michigan. Morels
      fried in butter are one of God's greatest gifts, IMHO! It's been years
      since I've had any. I won't buy them in a store, even if I find them,
      because they're horribly expensive and not fresh enough.

      Ah, memories!

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • agp
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
        On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Caye Caswick wrote:
        > By the way, try purchasing those HUGE portabello mushrooms and brushing
        > them with flavored oils and then grilling on your bbq -- then put them on
        > a bun with all the regular stuff you'd put on your favorite burger --

        The yummy thought there was enough to wake me up! I can just smell the
        aroma!

        What I do is buy the sliced portabellos and do them on my George Formby
        grill with a bit of honey mustard and garlic powder. The garlic powder may
        not make me smell all that nice later, but I never noticed :-)

        Besides -- since I live by myself who's to know :-)

        Actually, I eat two small cans of mushrooms (8 oz) every day. They are an
        excellent way to stretch Weight Watcher's Smart Ones (and Lean Cuisine/
        Healthy Choice) dinners into a larger casserole. Just mix it all together
        -- after all it goes too the same place!

        Tony P.
      • Paul J. Wolsko
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
          You're mixing up the George Foreman grill with Formby's furniture
          refinishing products. <GGG>

          Paul Wolsko

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
            By gum, you're right. No wonder my last dinner guests left aftr just one
            bite.

            Actually, how I EVER confused George Foreman the fighter with George
            Formby the British ukelele player is beyond me. :-)

            plinka-plinka-plinka

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
              Hehe.

              http://www.georgeformby.co.uk/

              Paul W.

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
                Does the Fuller Brush man make a brush for cleaning up that mess?!?!

                ;--D

                You boys sure crack me up! Thanks.

                Caye

                PS -- sounds delish! I'll try it.

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 4, 2003
                  No, but then there's the Kirby vacuum - does EVERYTHING.

                  Paul