Sera ad Coemet

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Getting closer. In trying to find out what "Sera ad Coemet" means, i have
      learned that Coemet is the old Latin abbreviation for cemetary.
      In my case, i am looking for this place in Podolinec. on <A HREF="www.mesto.sk">www.mesto.sk</A> i
      have found the cemetary in Podolinec. It is next to St. Ann Chapel. Very nearby
      is Dom Smutku. i think that Smutku means "sad."
      someone on the list had mentioned that "sera" means miserable.
      what exactly does Dom Smutku translate to from the Slovak to English.
      thank you so much.

    • William F Brna
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        "Dom Smutku" means House of Mourning or House for Mourning, e.g., a
        chapel in a cemetery.

        Bill.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
          In a message dated 8/3/03 11:48:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wfbrna@...
          writes:

          > "Dom Smutku" means House of Mourning or House for Mourning, e.g., a
          > chapel in a cemetery.
          >
          > Bill.

          Thank you