RE: [Slovak-World] Zvala Greek Catholic records

  • Bill Tarkulich
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      Looks like an indexing error.

      In 1910, village name was ZELLO, aka, ZUELLA. population 441, 8 Magyar,
      9 Germans, 424 Ruthenes; 433 Greek Catholic, 5 Jew.
      As far as I can see, this is solid Rusyn/GK territory.

      I'd pull the Snina records and see what's there. If the archives
      created the index, clearly they have the records. Perhaps the Zvala GK
      records were inadvertently commingled with the Snina RK records.
      Archivists are usually pretty good, but occasionally one slips thru. It
      will only cost $3.50 to find out...

      Bill Tarkulich