Re: [Slovak-World] sera ad coemet

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2003
      In a message dated 7/27/03 3:12:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jarmata@... writes:

      > Sera might be from the verb sero/serere meaning to join or
      > connect, though I can't account for the -a ending.
      > Ad coemet might stand for ad comitatem (to the county).

      Dear Joe,
      thanks for responding and for your thoughts on this problem addition to their
      town address.
      this is truly a riddle. possibly they lived in a section of town with no
      numbered houses but rather like an apartment house. "connected or joined
      buildings"??? it is a thought. is it possible that in 1903 they had such a place?
      a "joined houses" section of town.?
      is there any word in Latin that looks like Coemet? Coermet? ??
      Noreen