SK & Human Development

  • Jan Lan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2003
      On occasion we have touched on Slovakia's position in respect to her
      standard of living compared to neighboring countries and those of the rest
      of the world.

      Human development index (HDI) value, A composite index measuring average
      achievement in three basic dimensions of human development-a long and
      healthy life, knowledge and a decent standard of living.

      Of 175 countries, the UN Human Development index lists:

      Country HDI Position Adjacent Neighbor = *
      Australia 5
      US 6
      Austria 15 *
      Slovenia 29