subscribe

  • e.gernat@att.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 25, 2003
      Hi
      A friend would like to subscribe to Slovak-World. Would someone send me the
      details so I can copy and give to him? Thanks Edie
    • Bill Tarkulich
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 25, 2003
        Send email to

        Slovak-World-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Reply to the email you get back and you are in.

        ______________
        Bill Tarkulich

        A friend would like to subscribe to Slovak-World. Would someone send
        me the
        details so I can copy and give to him? Thanks Edie

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • e.gernat@att.net
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 26, 2003
          Thank you so much, I forgot how to subscribe. Edie

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 29 4:40 AM
            A friend would like to subscribe to Slovak World. Please send directions and I will forward them to him. Thank You Edith
          • Gregory J Kopchak
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 29 2:56 PM
              Slovak-World-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Greg Kopchak

              A friend would like to subscribe to Slovak World. Please send directions
              and I will forward them to him. Thank You Edith

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • e.gernat@att.net
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 29 3:47 PM
                I requested information about SUBSCRIBING for a friend Thanks Edith
                > Slovak-World-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >

                > Greg Kopchak

              • Ed
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 29 6:37 PM
                  Greg gave you the right address but mistakingly said it was to unsubscribe.
                  Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] subscribe

                  I requested information about SUBSCRIBING for a friend Thanks Edith
                  > To subscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  > Slovak-World-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  Groups Links

                • Gregory J Kopchak
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 29 7:29 PM
                    Slovak-World-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    Greg Kopchak

                    A friend would like to subscribe to Slovak World. Please send directions
                    and I will forward them to him. Thank You Edith

                  • Diane Perkins
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 8, 2007
                      subscribe. My new knee is now in place and I am becoming more mobile each day. Thanks to all for your prayers.
                      Diane

                    • Frank Plichta
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014

                        Frank R. Plichta

                        103 Prospect Avenue

                        Galax , VA 24333-3315

                        Phone: 276-238-9161

                        Cell:  276-233-9971

                      • pat Thomas
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014
                          Hi Frank,   I see you live in GAlax,   I have an old friend from Church (St. Mark Catholic)   here in Vienna,  VA   that retired down there some years ago (maybe 15 or so!).
                          I am half Slovak and grew up and live in Vienna, VA.   I like reaching out to other Slovaks and learning more about my Heritage, etc.   where in Slovakia are you or your family from?   I'm still trying to figure that out since my parents were orphans, any ideas on how to find that out would be appreciated!

                          thanks,
                          Patricia
                          703-938-7210

                          On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:43 AM, "'Frank Plichta' plichta@... [Slovak-World]" <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          Frank R. Plichta
                          103 Prospect Avenue
                          Galax , VA 24333-3315
                          Phone: 276-238-9161
                          Cell:  276-233-9971

                        • Frank Plichta
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014

                            Patricia,

                            Yes, I’m in Galax.  I married a Galax gal and she took me home with her.

                            My father was born in Kosicka-Bela in eastern Slovakia .  I have traveled there three times in the past 20 years and met all of the relatives on both dad’s side of the family as well as my mother’s “Tomas” family as well.

                            I’ve been away from Slovak-World for several months.  We went to Israel in March and April and I didn’t want to deal with the emails while we were gone.  I just remembered that I needed to re-subscribe again.

                            Who is your friend in Galax?  Maybe we know them.  There are only 7,000 in the city.  My wife is on Galax City Council.  We both do a significant amount of volunteer work in the community. Perhaps we have crossed paths.

                            Frank

                            I’m still searching the world for PLICHTAs.

                            Any Plichta from any place at any time in history.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014
                              Frank,
                              From which village did your mother's Tomas~ come?  We had friends of the family (and possibly distant relatives) by that name in Male Ozorovce, not too far from Kos~ice.

                              To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014

                                H,

                                Mom’s family is from Dlhé nad’Cirochou previously Cziroka-Hoszumesö, Kingdom of Hungary :

                                Father = Tomás and mother = Lel’ková.

                                Grandfather = Tomás and grandmother = Soltéz.

                                Great-grandfather = Tomás and great-grandmother = Szolomej.

                                I have been able to trace the Tomass/Tomás family in Slovakia back seven generations to Georgius Tomass b.1790 married 1810 to Maria Chasscsová b.1793

                                Dad’s family is from Kosicka Bela previously Kassabéla , Austria-Hungary and earlier Belá, Kingdom of Hungary :

                                Father = Plichta and mother = Krajnik.

                                Grandfather = Plihta (that is correct no “c”) and grandmother = Biros/Birosik/Hoza.  We talked about multiple names years ago.

                                Great-grandfather = Plichta and great-grandmother = Lenárd.

                                 I have been able to trace the PLICHTA family in Slovakia back eight generations to three brothers, Andrea, George and Joannes all born sometime before 1750.  I have their marriage dates in 1759, 1766 and 1770.

                                Since my surname PLICHTA is relatively uncommon in the USA approximately 800, I have been collecting any reference to the name for more than 25 years.  My PLICHTA database consists of 93 Plichta families (not yet connected together) with 3,978 individuals and 1,303 marriages.  A total of 13 generations and 1,264 different surnames.

                                I use an old Version 11 of Family Tree Maker.

                                Frank

                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014
                                  Sorry, none of these names ring a bell.

                                  To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 4
                                    Sorry.

                                    I have been told that I should not reply on this news group by a self-appointed monitor.

                                    I shall return to obscurity.

                                    To: "Slovak World" <slovak-world@yahoogroups.com>
                                    Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 1:04 PM

                                    To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                                    From:
                                    Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                    Frank,   I see you live in GAlax,   I have an old friend
                                    from Church (St. Mark Catholic)   here in Vienna,  VA
                                    that retired down there some years ago (maybe 15 or so!).

                                    am half Slovak and grew up and live in Vienna, VA.   I like
                                    reaching out to other Slovaks and learning more about my
                                    Heritage, etc.   where in Slovakia are you or your family
                                    from?   I'm still trying to figure that out since my
                                    parents were orphans, any ideas on how to find that out
                                    would be appreciated!

                                    thanks,

                                    Patricia

                                    703-938-7210

                                    On
                                    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:43 AM, "'Frank
                                    Plichta' plichta@... [Slovak-World]"
                                    <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
                                    wrote:

                                    Frank R.
                                    Plichta

                                    103 Prospect
                                    Avenue

                                    Galax , VA
                                    24333-3315

                                    Phone:
                                    276-238-9161

                                    Cell:
                                    276-233-9971

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873 --
                                    #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp {
                                    border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                                    0;padding:0 10px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp hr {
                                    border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp #yiv3246669873hd {
                                    color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                                    0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp #yiv3246669873ads {
                                    margin-bottom:10px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp .yiv3246669873ad {
                                    padding:0 0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp .yiv3246669873ad p {
                                    margin:0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mkp .yiv3246669873ad a {
                                    color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-sponsor
                                    #yiv3246669873ygrp-lc {
                                    font-family:Arial;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-sponsor
                                    #yiv3246669873ygrp-lc #yiv3246669873hd {
                                    margin:10px
                                    0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-sponsor
                                    #yiv3246669873ygrp-lc .yiv3246669873ad {
                                    margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873actions {
                                    font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873activity {
                                    background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873activity span {
                                    font-weight:700;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873activity span:first-child {
                                    text-transform:uppercase;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873activity span a {
                                    color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873activity span span {
                                    color:#ff7900;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873activity span
                                    .yiv3246669873underline {
                                    text-decoration:underline;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873attach {
                                    clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
                                    0;width:400px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873attach div a {
                                    text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873attach img {
                                    border:none;padding-right:5px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873attach label {
                                    display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873attach label a {
                                    text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 blockquote {
                                    margin:0 0 0 4px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873bold {
                                    font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873bold a {
                                    text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 dd.yiv3246669873last p a {
                                    font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 dd.yiv3246669873last p span {
                                    margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 dd.yiv3246669873last p
                                    span.yiv3246669873yshortcuts {
                                    margin-right:0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873attach-table div div a {
                                    text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873attach-table {
                                    width:400px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873file-title a, #yiv3246669873
                                    div.yiv3246669873file-title a:active, #yiv3246669873
                                    div.yiv3246669873file-title a:hover, #yiv3246669873
                                    div.yiv3246669873file-title a:visited {
                                    text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873photo-title a,
                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873photo-title a:active,
                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873photo-title a:hover,
                                    #yiv3246669873 div.yiv3246669873photo-title a:visited {
                                    text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 div#yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg
                                    #yiv3246669873ygrp-msg p a span.yiv3246669873yshortcuts {
                                    font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873green {
                                    color:#628c2a;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873MsoNormal {
                                    margin:0 0 0 0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 o {
                                    font-size:0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873photos div {
                                    float:left;width:72px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873photos div div {
                                    border:1px solid
                                    #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873photos div label {
                                    color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873reco-category {
                                    font-size:77%;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873reco-desc {
                                    font-size:77%;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 .yiv3246669873replbq {
                                    margin:4px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
                                    margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg {
                                    font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
                                    sans-serif;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg table {
                                    font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg select,
                                    #yiv3246669873 input, #yiv3246669873 textarea {
                                    font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv3246669873
                                    code {
                                    font:115% monospace;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg * {
                                    line-height:1.22em;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-mlmsg #yiv3246669873logo {
                                    padding-bottom:10px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-msg p a {
                                    font-family:Verdana;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-msg
                                    p#yiv3246669873attach-count span {
                                    color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-reco
                                    #yiv3246669873reco-head {
                                    color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-reco {
                                    margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-sponsor #yiv3246669873ov
                                    li a {
                                    font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-sponsor #yiv3246669873ov
                                    li {
                                    font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-sponsor #yiv3246669873ov
                                    ul {
                                    margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-text {
                                    font-family:Georgia;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-text p {
                                    margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-text tt {
                                    font-size:120%;}

                                    #yiv3246669873 #yiv3246669873ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
                                    border-right:none !important;
                                    }
                                    #yiv3246669873
                                  • Douglas Brough

                                      Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 1:04 PM

                                      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                                      From:
                                      Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                      To:
                                      Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                                      From:
                                      Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 6
                                        Long John,  You have been crying in your beer for 3 or 4 years about censorship. All I asked at the time was that you not respond to my postings on Slovak topics with your poison political commentary. It stifled conversation with others on topic.

                                        So go back to your tear diluted beer and whatever degree of obscurity you choose.

                                        ... and Happy New Year to you, and to all on this forum.  And a Merry and holy Christmas to any Orthodox!