Re: [Slovak-World] Help please!!

  • Paul J. Wolsko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      Ah, the beauty of cursive script! Yes, it looks likes a brother-in-law, and
      the name appears to be "Mihaly Belykovics" in Scranton, PA. Only a guess, I
      believe I'm on to something.

      Now, if you play with that name "Belykovics" a bit, you'll find a "Mihaly
      Bolekovics" who came here from Fenyocs in 1905. Take a look.

      Paul Wolsko

      > Hi group:
      >
      > Some of you know that I have been looking for the Pecka name and
      connections for years, well today I found my grandfathers missing manifest.
      Thanks to reading what you all have been talking about going foreward and
      backwards hunting until maybe it would show up. Well, I found it but I
      can't make out who he left behind. It is his father-in-law, but I can't
      make out the name. Can anyone help me. The link is for one page of the
      manifest and the rest is on the next page. Pages 258 and 259, also I can't
      make out who he was going to see. It looks like a brother-in-law. My
      grandfather is Elek Pecka, line #1.

      > Thanks in advance for the help.
      >
      > Joann

      http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/search/shipManifest.asp?MID=20254812000077
      282432&LNM=ROHULIC&PLNM=ROHULIC&RF=14&pID=101647100138&lookup=101647100138&s
      how=G%3A%5CT715%2D1309%5CT715%2D13090258%2ETIF&origFN=G%3A%5CT715%2D1309%5CT
      715%2D13090262%2ETIF