Slovakia

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 10, 2003
      Bill and Jack,

      Thank you for taking the time to write and address my questions regarding my upcoming trip to Slovakia. Your input was greatly appreciated and will be used. I should have mentioned that my relatives live in Tranava, and Tolpolchany, at least the ones I have been corresponding with. I just recieved a very nice email from one of them this morning explaining we are welcome to stay at their home to maximize visit time but if we prefer hotel, they will make the reservation for us since they charge tourists more than residents. They wanted to know if we wanted to visit Prauge, Poland, and other countries bordering Slovakia while we were there and offered to take us. This is in addition to traveling in Slovakia to meet other relatives in other towns that I know nothing of. Sounds like a whirlwind tour coming up! I get more excited by the day now, it will be so nice to sit and visit with them and enjoy a Pivo as we catch up on 100 years of not knowing each other.
      The relative that wrote today, even offered to try and locate some relatives on my grandmothers side of the family before we arrive, and if successful, a meeting with them as well.
      I dont know if anyone else from this list will be over there at that time of the year, but if so, and near where we are, would be great to run into fellow list members also. I will be taking along video digi-cam for movies, and probley a digital camera also, so I will have to take along a power converter so that I can charge the propietary batteries they use. I will also be taking a 35mm reflex for some family photos. Can you guess I want to document as much of this trip as I can? I intend to hand carry along a photo album with pictures of my parents, and grandparents with me, so they can see how the last 100 years here shaped their American relatives.

      Jim

      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 8, 2009
        Slovakia sites

        http://blog.mediafetcher.com/slovakia.html