Re: Feast of Sts. Cyril and Methodius, February 14.

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2014

      I want to be sure our people remember our Saints,  co-Patrons of Slovakia as well as St, Gorazd, appointed successor, following the death of St. Cyril, (First Slovak Saint).

      When the feast date was change to February 14, I was concerned that our Saints would not be recognized because Americans and other countries follow us in celebrating Valentines Day. I believe it has happened here in the USA.

      If it were not for these Saints, I would not be Christian and especially, Catholic.  That is why I felt I should remind all of this feast.

      Vilo

    • Ben Yahoo

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2014

          Vazeny Ben,

          The Church was one at that time because the Schsim had not occurred but if you wish to read the history you will see that the Pope had allowed mass in the Church Slav formulated by St. Cyril.  From that point the German Bishops had caused trouble for Metod.

          It is believed that their mother, (Maria) was a Bulgarian but they were considered Greek.  Very interesting studying their History.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cyril_and_Methodius

          I would be very Happy if I was in Slovakia at the same time as thee and raise the glass together.  say hell to all.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilko
          On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:20 PM, Ben Yahoo <cerrunos1@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Marycay Doolittle
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2014

            Thanks Vilo.  At mass in my Albany, NY church yesterday, these saints were honored & remembered, mentioned more than once.

            Marycay Doolittle