High Tatras: A Wilderness Frozen in Time

  • cvargacvarga
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2013
    • jusufzemplin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
        I am not allowed to see the movie / pictures, as i live in eastern Slovakia.
        "Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States"

        It remains me similar obstructions here in CSSR until 1989, only reason is different...

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "cvargacvarga" <colinpeire@...> wrote:

        > http://www.hulu.com/watch/339563

      • Nick
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
          At 06:06 AM 27/06/2013, you wrote:
          >I am not allowed to see the movie / pictures, as i live in eastern Slovakia.
          >"Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within
          >the United States"

          Same message in Australia but they claim it is a legal problem.
          However, I watched this one in Australia
          <http://www.kinema.sk/novinka/9313/banicky-chlebicek-online-premiera-zdarma.htm>http://www.kinema.sk/novinka/9313/banicky-chlebicek-online-premiera-zdarma.htm

          Regards
          Nick

        • cvargacvarga
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 27, 2013
            Promise Hulu that you will watch EVERY commercial. If that doesn't work offer to watch double the number of commercials.

            Sorry. I forgot about the international problem with Hulu, it's a copyright issue. I suppose Hulu only bought USA rights. It's a pretty good documentary.

            Colin

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "jusufzemplin" <jusuf@...> wrote:

            > I am not allowed to see the movie / pictures, as i live in eastern Slovakia.
            > "Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States"
            >
            > It remains me similar obstructions here in CSSR until 1989, only reason is different...
            >
            > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "cvargacvarga" <colinpeire@> wrote:
            > >
            > > http://www.hulu.com/watch/339563

          • Kelly L. Zavotka
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 27, 2013
              Sent from my LG phone

              Nick <nickh@...> wrote:

              At 06:06 AM 27/06/2013, you wrote:
              >I am not allowed to see the movie / pictures, as i live in eastern Slovakia.
              >"Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within
              >the United States"

              Same message in Australia but they claim it is a legal problem.
              However, I watched this one in Australia
              <http://www.kinema.sk/novinka/9313/banicky-chlebicek-online-premiera-zdarma.htm>http://www.kinema.sk/novinka/9313/banicky-chlebicek-online-premiera-zdarma.htm

              Regards
              Nick

            • christopher gajda
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 27, 2013
                You can watch it by using a proxy server service - for a small fee they will route you through an American server, and the website you want will see an American ISP number. I would recommend StrongVPN. Not only do they provide an American ISP address, but they give you protection when on Wi-Fi.

                I just got home from spending a month in Uzhgorod, and it came in handy when doing banking, etc.
                While there, I took over 2000 still photos, and hours of audio and video. I posted some at chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com
                When I get time, I plan on uploading video to YouTube. You're welcome to view my photo's and read my posts - feel free to forward to anyone interested.

              • jenna-m
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
                  Hi all:

                  I was looking into finding something to suggest for my book discussion group, and came across this article in the Prague Monitor about Prague importing Slovak literature. I thought it was an interesting read and thought some on here might enjoy reading about this.

                  http://praguemonitor.com/2013/05/17/book-world-prague-2013-focus-slovakia

                  Jenna