Before Ellis Island

  • Paul Wolsko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      Folks,

      Thought I'd pass this along, although you all probably already know
      about it. Here's a free search service for Castle Garden. As I've
      recently learned, this is where many immigrants were received before
      Ellis Island opened.

      There appears to be some redundancy with Ellis Island and
      differences in transcription (I guess everyone reads old-style cursive
      differently). Anyway, I stumbled across this and thought I'd pass it to
      the group:

      http://www.castlegarden.org/

      Best regards,

      Paul Wolsko