Re: Cause of Death (po Slovensky)

  • jusufzemplin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
      Hi, I think , the age could be 50, but I know, it`s not what are you asking for.
      The scan is not very good - the pen-line is very thick. Can you provide better scan - better in grayscale than black/white ?
      Additionally - can you provide some other scanned words , written by the same hand ? I mean - larger crop from a page. If one is not sure with a letter, it is useful to see other examples of the same letters in known context (name etc.).
      In my opinion the word could be "nazapaleòe". I can imagine it as "slang" non-gramatic expression for "zápal" - inflammation in general or pneumonia (zápal p¾úc) - it was frequent fatal disease (or at least official cause of death).
      "zapaleòe" is normal dialctic shape of "zápal" , indicating eastern-slovak origin. "Na zapaleòe" would equal "Due to inflammation".
      Only "p" looks as 2 letters, that`s why I would like to see another "P" from the same scriptor...