Slovak rivers

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2013
      Just curious, has there been any flooding in Slovakia this spring?

      I just returned from a Rhone river cruise in France. A lot of rain, swift river, water level high, river ship unable to pass under some bridges. In Avignon, a barge broke loose and hit the ship last Saturday. Had to evacuate at 2 a.m. Spent rest of night in school gym in Avignon. Impressed with help of French police, firemen and Red Cross. Julia Matchett
    • whiteox_nelson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2013
        Hello Julia,

        I'm in SW Slovakia now and there has been no flooding, but it is getting colder day by day. Glad you survived your ordeal :)
        I really hope the sun comes out.

        Peter M.