What's going on - Orthodox Church in the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic?

  • smitko2
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2013
      Anyone know what's going on at the Orthodox Church in the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic?

      The Metropolitan has resigned, there appears to be a revolution (my words) afloat in the hierarchy. There appear to be other web sites purporting to speak for the hierarchy.

      I've not been following genealogy for a while. In the course of updating my web site, I stumbled across this problem.

      http://www.pravoslavnacirkev.cz/
      If you only read English, use http://www.bing.com/translator or translate.google.com
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2013
        I posted this question on the Yahoo Group "Rusys" knowing that there are some Orthodox participants on that forum. The first reply is contained at the link they included,
        http://praguemonitor.com/2013/04/15/czech-orthodox-church-head-resigns-over-brea\ch-oath-accusation

        which includes a good outline of the condition of the Orthodox Church in Czechia and Slovakia today in addition to the scandal that precipitated all this news.

        Ron