Vihorlat factory in Snina?

  • smitko2
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 5:32 AM
      So what ever happened to the Vihorlat factory in Snina?

      10 years ago, it was being bought up. Their web site is out of action. I can't find the Dutch company web site.

      Ideas?

      Thanks,
      Bill

      http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/3629/3/

      Vihorlat investment: It's about time
      Dutch buyer arrives as locals blame government for ignoring the east

      ---

      The Vihorlat Snina factory employed 6,500 people during communism.... photo: Chris Togneri
      17 Dec 2001 Chris Togneri Business

      SNINA - The Vihorlat Snina factory, once the major employer in this far eastern Slovak region, has been bought by Vihorlat s.r.o., a firm co-owned by the Dutch firm Cebuwa (66%) and the Slovak Hubertus (34%).

      The sale, which occurred in the fifth round of a year-old bankruptcy tender, was reported to have brought Vihorlat creditors Sk220 million ($4.6 million). Local residents and town representatives said they hoped the change in ownership would mark the end of a long series of layoffs and the beginning of an economic upturn in the poor - and neglected - Snina region.