Re: Embroidered cloth translation

  • Karen Dreucci
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8, 2013
      Hi,

      I am not at home this week, but will gladly upload another photo next week. Thank you for your help!

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 9, 2013
        Thanks, that's pretty much what I got too, but I just wanted to make sure.

        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        From: menonemam@...
        Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 12:24:02 -0700
        Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Embroidered cloth translation

        Helen:
        It's an old
        folk song and an old adage at the same time. I know it as "Zaspievalo vt��a na kosodrevine, �o komu s�den�, to ho ver
        neminie."
        Simply put, it implies that you get what you deserve. Literally, however, it says: a singing bird on
        scrub warns that what your fate (what has been adjudged) has prepared for you,
        it won't miss you. Of course, in Slovak,
        it rhymes, it's poetically written, and it sounds more eloquent than my
        mediocre translation, which is neither poetic nor elegant.
        Take care,

        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        From: dogislove2@...
        Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 03:42:20 +0000