12 Minute Churches Tour

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
      There is a 12 minute tour of churches in Slovakia posted by Sulin photographer Milan Malast on Youtube at

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDm3PnYKUec

      The coverage is broad, throughout Eastern Slovakia, and includes both Eastern Rite and Roman churches. The exterior shots are identified by village / town.

      Ron
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
        Thanks Rn, I've visited 3.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________
        There is a 12 minute tour of churches in Slovakia posted by Sulin photographer Milan Malast on Youtube at

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDm3PnYKUec

        The coverage is broad, throughout Eastern Slovakia, and includes both Eastern Rite and Roman churches. The exterior shots are identified by village / town.

      • Donna Lachney
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
          I would love to go to Slovakia someday.  I love seeing pics like this.  Thanks to all who posted.

          Donna Lachney

          ________________________________

        • e.gernat@...
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
            Thanks for sharing. We have seen quite a few in our 7 visits to Slovakia

            Edie and ED

            There is a 12 minute tour of churches in Slovakia posted by Sulin photographer Milan Malast on Youtube at

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDm3PnYKUec

            The coverage is broad, throughout Eastern Slovakia, and includes both Eastern Rite and Roman churches. The exterior shots are identified by village / town.

          • jenna-m
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
              Thanks so much for posting. Brings back wonderful memories.

              Jenna

            • Taoz@...
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 5, 2013
                Absolutely terrific stuff. Thanks a lot for the posting.
                Taoz

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 5, 2013
                  Do it sooner, rather than later.

                  We get old fast.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 5, 2013
                    I know what you mean...it would be so much to me.  I think about my family and how much they would have been amazed as to how easy it is for people to go back and visit and how hard it was to get over here back then.  Maybe one day I can save up enough money to go.  That darn stuff stops you in your tracks.   I love to see the buildings and people when I go online.

                    I appreciate you saying that...it does build me up.
                    Donna

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 5, 2013
                      Save $5/week.

                      In a few years you w/ have MORE than enough to go & have a GREAT time!

                      It CAN be done.

                      You can do it by cutting back on smoking, candy, eating out, driving.  There is ALWAYS a way to budget & economize.  Trust me, the minor sacrifices will be WELL WORTH it when you go.

                      If you do so, you w/ take us with you when you report back.

                      From: Donna Lachney <mailto:lacsni%40yahoo.com>

                      To: "mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com" <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>

                      Date: Thursday, April 4, 2013, 7:26 PM

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 6, 2013
                        Well,one good thing I don't smoke.  I should put back some money each pay and only for a trip.  It would be only for my trip....need to take care of that.  I would take tons of pics.  I would love to go to Spisska Nova Ves and meet my past relatives.  That would be utterly cool!!

                        Donna

                        ________________________________

                        I would love to go to Slovakia someday.  I love seeing pics like this.  Thanks to all who posted.

                        Donna Lachney

                        ________________________________

                        There is a 12 minute tour of churches in Slovakia posted by Sulin photographer Milan Malast on Youtube at

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDm3PnYKUec

                        The coverage is broad, throughout Eastern Slovakia, and includes both Eastern Rite and Roman churches. The exterior shots are identified by village / town.

                      • smitko2
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 27, 2013
                          Very cool Ron. Do you know Milan?
                        • Ron
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 27, 2013
                            No, Sadly I don't know him. As often as I have been to Sulin I should know many more people, but very poor language skills and not being an outgoing type, my social circles are rather small.

                            I know him primarily as a locally well known photographer and had the good luck to check the Sulin village Facebook page shortly after he posted the video. I sure appreciate the work put into composing such a high quality video!

                            I got to see several of the churches last year as I took the bus to & from Nova Sedlica to hike to Kremenec. This year I am returning, in season with the hope of avoiding mountain storms, and expect to hikee the easier direction Medzilaborce to Nova Sedlica along the backbone of the Carpathians. That sure is a beautiful part of the world!

                            Ron