Re: [Slovak-World] Re: St. Andrew's Day

  • jenna-m
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 15 6:07 AM
      Thanks Martin.

      ________________________________
      From: votrubam <votrubam@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:00 AM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: St. Andrew's Day

      > Does anyone know if anyone still "really" celebrates St.
      > Andrew's day in Slovakia anymore? I was reading something
      > that discussed that young women customarily did certain
      > rituals to attract a potential future husband on this day

      Women banging on hen houses, rattling farm fences, but also modern female college students putting fruit tree branches in vases and more here, Jenna:

      http://groups.google.com/group/slovak-spot/

      No registration needed to read, click and view.

      Those tired of spam who register can receive "Slovak Spot" posts at whatever non-Google e-mail address they wish and send comments from it.