Slovak Lenten Traditions

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      With Lent starting on February 11 or 13, does your
      family practice any Lenten traditions from Slovakia
      this month?

      I know I will be checking for Pączki next week.

      Greg
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
        Orthodox Great Lent begins on March 11th.  I tend to be Paleo (or vegan with a bit of fish) during Lent, so I eat restricted all year.  I do remember my family having lots of traditions, especially Pazcki, lots of pierogi and halushki made with oil and eggless noodles and no dollop of sour cream, boo.