Re: [Slovak-World] 1600-year-old weaving, embroidery in Poprad

  • jenna-m
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
      Chuck,

      THANKS so much for posting this! Brings back pleasant memories of stopping at that ice cream store across from the singing fountain, and walking down that main street.

      Jenna

      ________________________________
      From: votrubam mailto:votrubam%40yahoo.com>
      To: mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 11:27 PM

      Summer travelers through Poprad may be able to get an early glimpse of what archeologists describe as a unique 4-5th-century find in Europe -- remnants of tablet-woven woolen cloth, impressions of embroidery. The young Poprad Valley dweller ate lamb, veggies, but not much... more here (with links to pics):

      http://groups.google.com/group/slovak-spot/

      Google Groups requires registration, but members can then opt to receive posts at and post from whatever non-Google e-mail they wish, or post from the "Slovak Spot" website.

    • William
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
        Excellent! Thanks for posting. And it is of great interest and value to this forum!
        R/Bill