1600-year-old weaving, embroidery in Poprad

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
      Summer travelers through Poprad may be able to get an early glimpse of what archeologists describe as a unique 4-5th-century find in Europe -- remnants of tablet-woven woolen cloth, impressions of embroidery. The young Poprad Valley dweller ate lamb, veggies, but not much... more here (with links to pics):

      http://groups.google.com/group/slovak-spot/

      Google Groups requires registration, but members can then opt to receive posts at and post from whatever non-Google e-mail they wish, or post from the "Slovak Spot" website.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
        Sorry to intrude.  But one of my Slovak co-workers sent this.  And it is very well done.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18PftZp3wOo

        Please forgive me for posting, since I have been told that I offer absolutely 'nothing of interest or use' & am a negative influence upon the site.

        I shall return to obscurity.

        To the rest of my old friends on SW, have a GREAT 2013!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
          >Chuck, once again I say to you ignore the naysayers and keep posting
          >your opinions, it doesn't matter if it not appreciated by 100% of
          >the members because we are all different thankfully.

          Regards
          Nick
        • jenna-m
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
            Chuck,

            THANKS so much for posting this! Brings back pleasant memories of stopping at that ice cream store across from the singing fountain, and walking down that main street.

            Jenna

            Summer travelers through Poprad may be able to get an early glimpse of what archeologists describe as a unique 4-5th-century find in Europe -- remnants of tablet-woven woolen cloth, impressions of embroidery. The young Poprad Valley dweller ate lamb, veggies, but not much... more here (with links to pics):

            http://groups.google.com/group/slovak-spot/

            Google Groups requires registration, but members can then opt to receive posts at and post from whatever non-Google e-mail they wish, or post from the "Slovak Spot" website.

          • William
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
              Excellent! Thanks for posting. And it is of great interest and value to this forum!
              R/Bill