Bohemian Rye Bread

  • dolores desideri
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
      My nephew would like to make his [long deceased] grandmother's Bohemian Rye bread. I found the recipe in my files, but then found that Pillsbury discontinued making Bohemian Rye Flour. Does anyone know the proportions for making a substitute flour for Bohemian Rye Bread?

      dolores desideri
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
        Scroll Down to bread recipe.

        http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=35731

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
          My nephew is trying to carry on a family tradition and pass that on to his daughters, so using his grandmother's bread recipe is mandatory. We just need to know the proportions of the Pillsbury Bohemian Rye flour and what additives the flour contained to help the yeast rise and etc..

          dolores
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
            Is this the Dolores from Good Shepherd choir?

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
              http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=35731

              My nephew is trying to carry on a family tradition and pass that on to his daughters, so using his grandmother's bread recipe is mandatory. We just need to know the proportions of the Pillsbury Bohemian Rye flour and what additives the flour contained to help the yeast rise and etc..

              dolores

            • Plichta
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
                William,

                We do not have permission to view the item. Can you cut and past the recipe
                to a message.

                Frank

                _____