Re: [Slovak-World] Uncle in Uniform?

  • Margo Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
      Is it the Slovak Legion?

      >________________________________

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
        Nick,
        It is the standard dress for the Geimensame Armee, the common army of the Austrian empire which was recruited from throughout the empire for the first world war.
        I am not able to identify the helmet, it is not very clear in the photo, nor in color.I'd guess probably a cavalry unit, but not at all sure.

        Curt B.

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Nick wrote:

        > I have uploaded a photo of my father's oldest brother in a military
        > uniform that I have been led to believe is WW1 in the hope that a
        > group member can identify it for me.
        > thanks in advance
        >

        > Regards
        > Nick

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
          I uploaded a photo, Hope it can be viewed in the "uncle File.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo