Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Moderator Team Addition

  • Douglas Brough
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013
      Well if a moderator is needed I am volunteering. I already moderate three other yahoo groups of which havnt had problems for years (ever since i kicked somebody out of the group for personal racist atracks) and a number of Facebook Groups.
      Drop me a line if you need me - id be pleased to help

    • votrubam
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013
        > learned about Slovaks and SLovakia because of Slovak WOrld
        > and the two forestry workers who set up the original group

        The few of us here who migrated to SK-W from a previous group that began in the infancy of the public internet (before browsers and spam) have a cautionary tale to tell -- "Slovak-L" found its demise after a number of successful years due to precisely what you talk about, Ron, non-moderation by the only person authorized to do it. Here's a potential for Slovak talk and little/no spam with more moderators:

        <https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/slovak-spot>

        It may be necessary to copy and paste the URL rather than click on it. The e-mail address for the group is (there's some delay between registration and the ability to post):

        slovak-spot "at" googlegroups "dot" com