Re: Kosice - European Culture City 2013

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
      > svist is to large. I have seen these in the low Tatra mountains.

      You're right, Vilo. No one can see a svist from their car on a public road in Slovakia. They only live at elevations above 5,250 ft. there. Only one paved road, closed to the public, reaches that elevation.

      Martin
    • byza7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
        In a message dated 1/3/2013 5:04:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        senzus@... writes:

        Vilo,

        I will check back with that interpreter.

        kosice when I was there had lovely architecture and I saw some
        restoration of buildings that was really gorgeous.

        David

        Martin,

        I agree with all you say. Although it has been 3 or 4 years since my last
        visit in Kosice, Unlike in Bratislava, I heard no Hungarian on the streets.
        This city is very beautiful and even before the rework of the main square
        was beautiful. The rework is exquisite and it was sad that the Romi caused
        international problems when they were moved to the outskirts because of
        the work.
        It is unfortunate that the guide gave such false info. David, could it be
        possible that he meant to say the Saris dialect was the reason these
        people could not understand?

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo