Re: [Slovak-World] The YEAR and our Genealogy Research

  • n8de@thepoint.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2012
      Frank,

      Thanks for putting this all in one place.

      Perhaps the most noted 'date change' for an individual is the fact
      that George Washington was born on February 11, 1732, but, later in
      his life, that was changed to February 22, 1732, thus, the reason that
      Feb. 22nd was celebrated for many years as "Washington's Birthday" ...
      prior to "Presidents' Day".

      I was totally unaware of the late Russian acceptance of the Gregorian
      Calendar.

      Vesele Vianoce!

      Don Havlicek