Stara Lubovna Supermodel Sports a Kroj

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
      The Zamagurie region in northern Spis County is probably going to lose a 25-year-old trained teacher, Martina S~tupa'kova' from Stara Lubovna, who placed fourth in the Miss Model of the World contest earlier this week. She wore a likeness of a Slovak folk costume (kroj, pron.: kroy) for part of the contest:

      <http://tinyurl.com/bvs6vf9>

      Here she is in more usual beauty-pageant attire at the end of the contest (on the right):

      <http://tinyurl.com/bpcsql8>

      She actually left Stara Lubovna some time ago first for college and then to work for modeling agencies. By coincidence, 14-year-old Silvia Jagos~ova' from Bratislava:

      <http://tinyurl.com/bs4y9qk>

      ... was selected as one among the top 15 for the international Schwarzkopf Elite Model Look show a few days earlier, where she also also put on a folksy costume:

      <http://tinyurl.com/d44t8kl>

      Martin
    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
        I would normally comment on the kroj or something, but I couldn't focus on it! :-)

        Slovakia has the most beautiful women... hands down.
        Ben

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
          > Slovakia has the most beautiful women...

          Not any more soon if they get spirited away following your example. Best regards to Milka.

          Martin
        • Ben Sorensen
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
            Then America will have the most beautiful Slovak women! Just think of how great that would be! :-)

            She also sends her regards!
            Ben

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013
              Evidently this modern kroj is based on the style in the village of Sulin, or for Ruynophiles, Sulyn. None of the kroj I have seen in the village quite matched hers, but I suspect the difference had to do with the cut of the costume.

              Miss Martina Štupáková na súťaži v Číne...v Sulínskom kroji

              On Facebook you can find pages for Martina Štupáková or for
              Velky Sulin, Prešovský, Slovakia

              The photos on the Sulin page are posted by Milan Malast, a local photographer.

              For those without a Facebook account, there is always the chance to search by Google Images.

              Ron
              P.S. Not to be confused with Sulin Rap group.