Top Travel Destinations 2013

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 24, 2012
      The popular tourist guidebook publisher, Lonely Planet, has named its top ten countries to visit next year:

      <http://www.lonelyplanet.com/themes/best-in-travel-2013/top-10-countries/>

      Martin
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 24, 2012
        Slovakia is finally being discovered - makes me happy and sad too - good for tourism and the country but my magical Shangri-La might get a little crowded. Think Slovakia was the best kept tourism secret for so long with so much to offer - fantastic scenery throughout, wonderful historic cities, churches, castles, shrines, rich folk culture and fun festivcals and the beautiful people!

        It's really nice that Slovakia is in the spotlight!

        helene

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 24, 2012
            > Slovakia was on House Hunters International recently,
            > specifically Bratislava. It was interesting and the houses
            > were beautiful.

            Segments from the episode with Thomas Puskailer (Slovak-Dutch-German) and Abbie Guilding looking for an apartment in Bratislava are here:

            <http://www.hgtv.com/video/settling-into-slovakian-life-video/index.html>

            Martin
          • Matchett
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
              Thank you all for your suggestions re renting or buying a car to travel from Boulder, CO to Florida. With all he wants to see, renting seems to be the best option. He is my cousin's grandson and is very adventuresome. He has hiked and mountain climbed in China along with a friend where he was viewed as a rock star--with blond hair and 6'5". His girl friend and a sister will join them in Florida and stay at our house for a week.

              If I had not met my mother's sister in 1982, I probably would never have connected with the family. That trip to Czechoslovakia back then, changed my life!

              Julia Matchett
            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 25, 2012
                They are opening a section of the Cleveland OHIO art Museum and will have a really wonderful ethnic day on Oct 28 - with exhibits from many ethnic groups including one featuring Slovakia and a Slovak musical group Harmonia will be featured mid day.

                I will be displaying there - so if you come by stop and say hello. Leaving home early tomorrow so won't be on line to answer questions.
                The event is a lead in to a big Peruvian exhibit.

                helene