Re: car question for visiting USA

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 22, 2012
      To add to this idea, take all of the information, or better yet take your nephew in to talk to your own auto insurance company. See what they have to offer for insurance for the month or so he will need it, and let them know what the competition insurance will cost. Asking costs nothing and it can be a pleasant surprise waiting for you and him.

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Inez Giles" <igiles@...> wrote:

      > Julie, hi! Just as an FYI - I did a search on Kayak.com. My parameters
      > were:
      >

      > 1 - 30 April (Month of driving) and Boulder, CO pick-up to Orlando,
      > FL drop-off. The rate for a Chevy Aveo (compact car) was $37.28/day
      > for a total of $1250.50 for the month. A mid-size car was $1350 for
      > the month.
      >

      > Perhaps your nephew was quoted $3000 because he wanted the rental for
      > three months? Insurance will be an additional charge - and young males
      > tend to have a higher fee. But if you call Hertz or Avis - or any of
      > the rental car agencies, they can give you insurance details. Hope
      > this helps - Inez
      >

      > P.S. Purchasing a car means he has to title it - and purchase
      > insurance. I think there's much too much red tape involved.

    • Ron
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 22, 2012