SK-W spam

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
      > past week from the address below. Can anything be done
      > to block these intrusions?

      It certainly can, B.J., or rather could -- if Greg Kopchak of slovakshop.com... He set up SK-W close to a decade ago and has remained SK-W's only owner and moderator since. No one else can remove a subscriber from SK-W. Non-action against spammers has brought about the demise of untold number of discussion groups on the internet, SK-W is a possible candidate.

      An option, B.J., if you were interested, is to set up a new Slovak-related group with more than one moderator, dedicated ones to boot, and advertise it here.

      Martin
    • BJLK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
        Martin, thanks for the information--even if it can't provide a solution to
        this annoying problem. Although I would certainly be interested, setting up
        a new Slovak-interest group with a team of moderators is far beyond what I
        am capable of doing. However, I would be glad to support one if it comes
        to that.

        B. J

        B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@...)