Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Chuck Norris loses to freedom

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
      One hand rises from the pit of Justinian's Novels.... the other from under Diehl's body of work.... and a head comes up from Procopius' Histories.... to say "I DID IT!" I am now about to be conferred with an MA in Ancient History with honors! :-)

      So... where should I put that page, Martin? :-)
      Ben

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rqD-WLs18&feature=related%c2%a0

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHKqykKCIB4%c2%a0

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU%c2%a0

        Here is some real cymbal playing!
        Ben

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
          YEEES Ernest SAKOZY is the best and the greatest
          and my friend. Did you know that once he went to
          the academy of music, the best of the best in
          Budapest, Hungary and applied to study and they refused him.

          That he is so GOOOD they can't teach him anything.

          Vladi

          At 01:40 PM 9/23/2012, you wrote:

          ><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rqD-WLs18&feature=related>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rqD-WLs18&feature=related%c3%82
          >

          >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHKqykKCIB4%c3%82
          >
          ><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU%c3%82
          >

          >Here is some real cymbal playing!
          >Ben
          >
          >________________________________

        • votrubam
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
            > "I DID IT!" I am now about to be conferred with
            > an MA in Ancient History with honors!

            Heartfelt congratulations, Ben.

            > So... where should I put that page

            Online? :-) At your convenience (i.e., as soon as you can :-) ), and post the link here, pls.

            Martin
          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
              Awwww, c'mon Ben,

              Can't you come up with any more Gypsies to play.  I'll look hard to find a Slovak who actually plays the traditional Cigansky instrument called a Fujar.

              I posted the message statement that Americans think the Cymbal to be a "Gypsy" instrumentand wanted all here to know it was not exclusive to the Romi so not only did you post Romi playing but even them singing in their own language.

              By the way you forgot the Farkash family who played in Vienna when I first went to Slovakia in 1971.  They not only played, EXCLUSIVLY for me in the Restaurant Slovakia but Got me drunk on Slivovica and fed me a Big Dinner.

              When I left the place and staggered toward my hotel, I heard the beautiful music again and staggered into the Hungarian restaurant.  after a few peices of music I staggered up and asked if they knew any SLOVAK songs I was then physically removed with words NEM, NEM, NEM,... Buta toth.  I think the latter means "Saintly person". :o) :o) :o)

              Forever and ever, AMEN!

              Z Bohom,

              Vilko

            • William C. Wormuth

[...]