Re: Chuck Norris loses to freedom

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
      Thanks. I recognized the music - this points out how much there is to learn about everyday items in Slovak life, like the terminology for different music and 10,000 other things...

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQfPVwA5TeM%c3%82%c2%a0 Then subscribe
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
        One hand rises from the pit of Justinian's Novels.... the other from under Diehl's body of work.... and a head comes up from Procopius' Histories.... to say "I DID IT!" I am now about to be conferred with an MA in Ancient History with honors! :-)

        So... where should I put that page, Martin? :-)
        Ben

        ________________________________
        > Martin's U Pitt pages to see what he may have...

        Nothin'. Perhaps Ben might find a little time to start his SK music pages once he has the luxury to climb out of the piles of books he needs to be buried under all the time.

      • Ben Sorensen
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rqD-WLs18&feature=related%c2%a0

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHKqykKCIB4%c2%a0

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU%c2%a0

          Here is some real cymbal playing!
          Ben

          ________________________________
          Thanks. I recognized the music - this points out how much there is to learn about everyday items in Slovak life, like the terminology for different music and 10,000 other things...

          Ron

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQfPVwA5TeM%c3%82%c2%a0 Then subscribe
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
            YEEES Ernest SAKOZY is the best and the greatest
            and my friend. Did you know that once he went to
            the academy of music, the best of the best in
            Budapest, Hungary and applied to study and they refused him.

            That he is so GOOOD they can't teach him anything.

            Vladi

            At 01:40 PM 9/23/2012, you wrote:

            ><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rqD-WLs18&feature=related>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rqD-WLs18&feature=related%c3%82
            >

            >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHKqykKCIB4%c3%82
            >
            ><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU%c3%82
            >

            >Here is some real cymbal playing!
            >Ben
            >
            >________________________________

          • votrubam
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
              > "I DID IT!" I am now about to be conferred with
              > an MA in Ancient History with honors!

              Heartfelt congratulations, Ben.

              > So... where should I put that page

              Online? :-) At your convenience (i.e., as soon as you can :-) ), and post the link here, pls.

              Martin
            • William C. Wormuth
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 23, 2012
                Awwww, c'mon Ben,

                Can't you come up with any more Gypsies to play.  I'll look hard to find a Slovak who actually plays the traditional Cigansky instrument called a Fujar.

                I posted the message statement that Americans think the Cymbal to be a "Gypsy" instrumentand wanted all here to know it was not exclusive to the Romi so not only did you post Romi playing but even them singing in their own language.

                By the way you forgot the Farkash family who played in Vienna when I first went to Slovakia in 1971.  They not only played, EXCLUSIVLY for me in the Restaurant Slovakia but Got me drunk on Slivovica and fed me a Big Dinner.

                When I left the place and staggered toward my hotel, I heard the beautiful music again and staggered into the Hungarian restaurant.  after a few peices of music I staggered up and asked if they knew any SLOVAK songs I was then physically removed with words NEM, NEM, NEM,... Buta toth.  I think the latter means "Saintly person". :o) :o) :o)

                Forever and ever, AMEN!

                Z Bohom,

                Vilko

              • William C. Wormuth

[...]