Funny thing

  • Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@optonline.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2003
      There appears to be a bug in the process by which, if one checks the
      box for Yahoo to remember your password...it does; it often screws
      up and asks for your ID and password all over again. Annoying, but
      I can live with that. The positives outweigh the negatives. The
      site that Jim set up on MSN isn't bad, but is buggy and,
      unfortunately, works best if you have top-of-the-line equipment and
      XP. Not everyone can manage this, so the Yahoo site seems to be an
      excellent compromise.

      I'm assuming that the list owner has options to kick off those who
      prove themselves unworthy of continuation on the list.

      Paul
    • Gregory J. Kopchak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2003
        Paul:

        We plan the list to be unmoderated like Slovak-World

        The road can get a little bumpy at times but like the original
        Slovak-World.fris.sk it does keep the messages rolling

        We can kick off obvious non-Slovak related spammers.

        Look's weekly messages wouldn't be considered spam as they are Slovak
        related. Great offers on a new mortgage would be considered spam.

        I have it set that only Slovak-World members can look at posted files. A
        couple people have had trouble signing in to look at files. We will need to
        work out their problems with them.

        Everyone should stick with Jim's chat site, there is no need for another
        one.

        Greg Kopchak

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2003
          At 12:37 AM 1/27/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >There appears to be a bug in the process by which, if one checks the
          >box for Yahoo to remember your password...it does; it often screws
          >up and asks for your ID and password all over again.

          I found I have to sign in on first access but it takes me to Yahoo after
          that. It seems to lose recognition on shut down and requires sign in on
          rebooting.

          >I'm assuming that the list owner has options to kick off those who prove
          >themselves unworthy of continuation on the list.
          >
          >Paul

          I believe that's an option but not an attractive one unless it gets totally
          out of hand. A private warning and, if necessary, a suspension of all
          involved until things cool down would seem to me an appropriate
          reaction. We've solved our problems in the past on an individual
          basis. Censorship by blocking individuals for their views and at times
          inappropriate language (I've heard worse on national television) can turn
          this list into a drab collection of blockheads.

          Janko

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com