travel to Slovakia.

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
      Ahoj,

      Well I have gotten to the part where you price tickets for the flight over. I was wondering if anyone on this list has used a good reliable consolidator offering great prices on flights?? I wold hate to deal with someone who promises this and that, and when you show up at the airport, you find you have not seats because of slip ups ect.
      Also, Im curious, has anyone stayed in Vienna? if so, can you recogmend a good hotel to stay at where we can see some of the city sites and get a feel for Vienna within walking or short bus trips?
      Thanks for your help on this matter. I thought I had plenty of time to plan all this and I now feel as though Im running out! We are going early August by the way.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
        Two summers ago I got good prices using <www.travelhub.com>. They
        FedExed the tickets to us and we had no problems at all. We flew from
        Dulles Airport (northern Va., outside Washington) to Vienna and back.

        Helen

        >>> captjack00@... 06/03/03 11:23AM >>>
        Ahoj,

        Well I have gotten to the part where you price tickets for the
        flight over. I was wondering if anyone on this list has used a good
        reliable consolidator offering great prices on flights?? I wold hate to
        deal with someone who promises this and that, and when you show up at
        the airport, you find you have not seats because of slip ups ect.
        Also, Im curious, has anyone stayed in Vienna? if so, can you
        recogmend a good hotel to stay at where we can see some of the city
        sites and get a feel for Vienna within walking or short bus trips?
        Thanks for your help on this matter. I thought I had plenty of
        time to plan all this and I now feel as though Im running out! We are
        going early August by the way.

        Jim

      • Colin Varga
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
          Ahoj,

          Benyo is the group I used to get to Kosice. They also book flights to
          Vienna.
          I think I spoke to Marika.

          http://www.benyo.com/

          Stastu Cestu,
          Colin

          From: capt jack <captjack00@...>
          Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
          To: aa <slovak-world@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [Slovak-World] travel to Slovakia.

          Ahoj,

          Well I have gotten to the part where you price tickets for the flight
          over. I was wondering if anyone on this list has used a good reliable
          consolidator offering great prices on flights?? I wold hate to deal with
          someone who promises this and that, and when you show up at the airport, you
          find you have not seats because of slip ups ect.
          Also, Im curious, has anyone stayed in Vienna? if so, can you recogmend
          a good hotel to stay at where we can see some of the city sites and get a
          feel for Vienna within walking or short bus trips?
          Thanks for your help on this matter. I thought I had plenty of time to
          plan all this and I now feel as though Im running out! We are going early
          August by the way.

          Jim

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • capt jack
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
            Helen,

            Thanks for your responce to my question, however, each time I plug in my travel dates and destinations, I get a differnet fare each time! I put in the same info each time, but the results are differant, including seats avail.

            Jim

          • Caye Caswick

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                Caye,

                I am working with a couple of them also, you can never gather enough advice when making decisions. I will post pics when I return for sure.

                Jim

              • Mary
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                  Dear Jim,

                  I just purchased tickets for my mother and I through Orbitz.com We are
                  going round trip Pittsburgh - Bratislava. We fly Continental to Newark then
                  CzechAir through Prague into Bratislava (airport code: BTS). When
                  searching Orbitz, if your schedule is rather flexible, try lots of date
                  combinations. You will receive many prices, just pick the one that fits
                  your needs.

                  CzechAir seems to offer the best connection to fly into Bratislava, but
                  having flown with them 2 other times, I have yet to have my luggage arrive
                  at the same time I do. It tends to be late. The first time my bags arrived
                  in Prague via Moscow. On the way back last summer I had to track it down
                  myself. It never got forwarded into the USAirways system coming from
                  Bratislava through Prague to Amsterdam. Luckily a USAirways luggage
                  gentleman in Amsterdam located it in Prague and was able to forward it to me
                  in North Carolina.

                  This summer we are packing very lightly and will only have a carry-on for
                  each of us.

                  Have a good time. Planning is part of the fun and adventure.

                  Mary Westbrook

                  Well I have gotten to the part where you price tickets for the flight
                  over. I was wondering if anyone on this list has used a good reliable
                  consolidator offering great prices on flights?? I wold hate to deal with
                  someone who promises this and that, and when you show up at the airport, you
                  find you have not seats because of slip ups ect.
                  Also, Im curious, has anyone stayed in Vienna? if so, can you
                  recogmend a good hotel to stay at where we can see some of the city sites
                  and get a feel for Vienna within walking or short bus trips?
                  Thanks for your help on this matter. I thought I had plenty of time to
                  plan all this and I now feel as though Im running out! We are going early
                  August by the way.

                  Jim

                  ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Get
                  A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/KDdolB/TM
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                    Hmmm, I never had that happen. Maybe you should keep going until you
                    get a REAL good fare and then grab it! ;-)

                    Helen

                    >>> captjack00@... 06/03/03 12:54PM >>>
                    Helen,

                    Thanks for your responce to my question, however, each time I plug
                    in my travel dates and destinations, I get a differnet fare each time!
                    I put in the same info each time, but the results are differant,
                    including seats avail.

                    Jim

                  • Alyssa Eppich
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                      Try HotelsAustria.com. for a nice place to stay. Enter Vienna and a nice
                      long listing at all price points will come up. good reviews and pictures,
                      too.
                      Alyssa
                      > Well I have gotten to the part where you price tickets for the flight
                      over. I was wondering if anyone on this list has used a good reliable
                      consolidator offering great prices on flights?? I wold hate to deal with
                      someone who promises this and that, and when you show up at the airport, you
                      find you have not seats because of slip ups ect.
                      > Also, Im curious, has anyone stayed in Vienna? if so, can you
                      recogmend a good hotel to stay at where we can see some of the city sites
                      and get a feel for Vienna within walking or short bus trips?
                      > Thanks for your help on this matter. I thought I had plenty of time
                      to plan all this and I now feel as though Im running out! We are going
                      early August by the way.

                      > Jim

                    • Vladimir Bohinc
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                        I was living in Vienna for 16 years. Take Hilton.
                        Anyway, Vienna has hundreds of hotels. Those in the First district are the
                        most expensive.No need to go there. Can walk 5 or 10 minutes and there you
                        are.
                        Vladimir