Re: [Slovak-World] Harsh treatment of children & OT too

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Wow, Carol, you just struck a nerve . . . my mother (the devil to me as a child) ended up with petit mal seizures and finally grand mal -- which eventually caused her to aspirate and die -- I always thought it was just rewards for her cruelty, but something tells me it was even more than that . . . genealogy is so awakening . . . and not necessarily in a direct way either. Thanks for sharing.

      Caye

      cnovotni@... wrote:
      Your email with the reference to crossing streets reminded me of a book I just read called "Running From The Devil". A coming-of-age account in Catholic Elem. and High School - alternating between hysterically funny and sad. The author would triple cross himself and say prayers in triplicate to ward off visits from the devil and became super-involved in Catholic youth activities for the same reason. He mistook petit mal seizures for visits from the devil. He never shared this information with anyone until the seizures progressed to grand mal.
      Carol

      > Brings back a lot of memories. When I was little and had gained the privilege of "crossing the street alone", I was also given instructions on extra times to "cross the street""

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor