Slovak Copyright Laws

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2012
      Is anyone familiar with copyright laws in Slovakia? I've started the very painstaking project of translating a book I brought home from Slovakia on my ancestral village. I thought I might put the translation on a web page for other researchers and searched for contact info of the author to get his permission. I discovered he passed away several years ago. I would still like to share the info but don't want any headaches over it.
    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2012
        Karen,
        Slovak Republic is a full member of the Berne copyright convention. Therefore you are required to observe the copyright law of the United States in regard to any literary work produced in the Slovak Republic. So treat the work just like you treat any book produced under copyright in the United States.

        Curt B.