Re: [Slovak-World] Carpets-Old loom

  • George Sirko
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
      My Father emigrated from Slovakia in 1912.Yes, the Loom  is part of Slovak/Rusyn
      arts/crafts history
      .He had a loom in the basement and he and my Mother couldn't keep up with orders
      for carpets circa 1950's. People fro m all around would bring rags to be made
      into throw rugs. We are still using some of the throw rugs he made on the
      loom. George